Thursday 18 November 2010

Wilczy Szaniec

So in my quest to find more music from Poland, and especially in the noisier region of sound making, I would like to share with you, Wilczy Szaniec, which translates as something like 'Wolf's Lair', and was often reffered to as a place of salvation for soldiers during the war.

A 2-piece hailing from Krakow, they are arguably my favourite Polish Punk discovery since being here. Difficult to pin down in genre and style, but the best I can do is that it sounds like a more warped and raw version of Born Against, with some feelings of early Icarus Line and Fugazi. With heavily delayed and reverbed vocals.

I've attached the EP (with the artist's permission) -  'Grytwiken' (2009)

 http://www.mediafire.com/?rr8xxb1b8aoir9b

You can find their myspace here

No comments:

Post a Comment